The Department of Defense has released the 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR)
- 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR) report
- QDR Factsheet
- News article "Quadrennial Defense Review Charts Strategy Evolution"
- QDR website
"The 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR) is a legislatively-mandated (USC 10, Sec. 118 (a)) review of the Department of Defense (DoD) strategy and priorities... and outlines the strategic direction of the Department and establishes
priorities to determine appropriate resource investments."
It advances an updated strategic framework emphasizing three pillars:
– Protect the homeland, to deter and defeat attacks on the United States and to mitigate the
effects of potential attacks and natural disasters.
– Build security globally, to preserve regional stability, deter adversaries, support allies and
partners, and cooperate with others to address common security challenges.
– Project power and win decisively, to defeat aggression, disrupt and destroy terrorist
networks, and provide humanitarian assistance and disaster relief.