The Markle Foundation Task Force on National Security in the Information Age has released their new report - "Nation at Risk: Policy Makers Need Better Information to Protect the Country"
The report includes 5 recommendations to accelerate creation of an Information Sharing Framework - they are:
1. Reaffirm Information Sharing as a Top Priority
2. Make Government Information Discoverable and Accessible to Authorized Users by Increasing the Use of Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf Technology
3. Enhance Security and Privacy Protections to Match the Increased Power of Shared Information
4. Transform the Information Sharing Culture with Metrics and Incentives
5. Empower Users to Drive Information Sharing by Forming Communities of Interest