Department of Homeland Security Information Sharing Strategy
The Department's Information Sharing Strategy provides strategic direction and guidance for all Department of Homeland Security information sharing efforts. The Information Sharing Strategy expands this vision to include external information sharing efforts and is informed by the following five guiding principles:
- Fostering information sharing is a core Department mission.
- The Department must use the established governance structure to make decisions regarding information sharing issues.
- The Department must commit sufficient resources to information sharing.
- The Department must measure progress toward information sharing goals.
- The Department must maintain information and data security and protect privacy and civil liberties.
Department employees share information every day in support of our mission, and the Department as a whole has made significant strides in improving our collaboration internally and with our federal, state, local, and international partners. This strategy outlines the path forward for focusing our efforts on achieving specific goals that will benefit the Department and our stakeholders, especially the American public whom we serve.