- Shortingchanging the Joint Fight? An Airman’s Assessment of FM 3-24 and the Case for Developing Truly Joint COIN Doctrine. MGEN Charles J. Dunlap, Jr. USAF.
American Enterprise Institute
- A Chance to Rein In
. North Korea
France: Europe's Counterterrorist Powerhouse.
- Is Iraqi
Kurdistana Good Ally?
Center for American Progress
Center for Defense Information
Center for Security Policy
Center for Security Studies (CSS)
Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Breaking the Stalemate in
- The Patterns in Violence and Casualties in Iraq 2007: The Need for Strategic Patience.
- Security and Stability in the Greater
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Congress. House Oversight Committee
Congressional Budget Office (CBO)
Department of Defense. Inspector General (DOD IG)
Department of Homeland Security. Office of Inspector General (DHS IG)
- DHS’s Domestic Nuclear Detection Office: Progress in Integrating Detection Capabilities and Response Protocols.
Foreign Policy Research Institute
- The Global ‘Go-To Think Tanks’: The Leading Public Policy Research Organizations in the World.
- Mind the Gap: Post-Iraq Civil-Military Relations in
- Tools of Statecraft: Diplomacy and War.
Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Audits of Public Companies: Continued Concentration in Audit Market for Large Public Companies Does Not Call for Immediate Action.
- Defense Acquisitions: Departmentwide Direction Is Needed for Implementation of the Anti-Tamper Policy.
- Federal-Aid Highways: Increased Reliance on Contractors Can Pose Oversight Challenges for Federal and State Officials.
- Freight Transportation: National Policy and Strategies Can Help Improve Freight Mobility.
- Information Security: IRS Needs to Address Pervasive Weaknesses.
- Maritime Security: Federal Efforts Needed to Address Challenges in Preventing and Responding to Terrorist Attacks on Energy Commodity Tankers.
- Nuclear Nonproliferation: DOE's Program to Assist Weapons Scientists in
and Other Countries Needs to Be Reassessed. Russia
- Posthearing Questions Related to Federal Agencies' Activities regarding the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
- "U.S. Financial Condition and Fiscal Future Briefing" by David M. Walker, comptroller general of the
, before the Rotary Club of Birmingham, Alabama. January 9, 2008. United States
- Kenyan Election Signals Need to Overhaul
Policy Toward Nascent Democracies. U.S. Latin America: A Wish List for 2008.
- The President's Middle East Trip: An
Opportunityto Promote Security, Freedom, and Peace.
Human Rights Watch
: Rights at Risk. Libya
- "You Can Detain Anyone for Anything":
’s Broadening Clampdown on Independent Activism. Iran
Institute for Science and International Security
International Crisis Group
Iraq Family Health Survey Study Group
- “Violence-Related Mortality in
from 2002-2007.” [New England Journal of Medicine, January 11, 2008, v. 358, no. 5, p. 484-493. Iraq
- Terrorism Focus.
- Terrorism Monitor.
- Implications of the New Kurdish-Sunni Alliance for Security in
’s Ninawa Governorate By Ramzy Mardini Iraq
- Insurrection in Iranian Balochistan. By Chris Zambelis
South WaziriTribesmen Organize Counterinsurgency Lashkar. By Andrew McGregor ’s Other War on Terrorism. By Gareth Jenkins Turkey
Joint Chiefs of Staff
JFQ (Joint Force Quarterly)
- (2008) Issue 48, 1st Quarter
- “The Art of Strategy and Operational Warfare: Getting It Right.” (Christopher R. Davis, pp. 92-97)
- “Attacking al Qaeda’s Operational Centers of Gravity.” (David M. Witty, pp. 98-103)
- “Counterair and Counterland Concepts for the 21st Century.” (Ellwood P. Hinman IV, pp. 85-91)
- “Creating Shared Situational Awareness.” (Stewart Swan, pp. 51-55)
- “The Domestic IED Threat.” (John Kress; Steven Grogger, pp. 66-69)
- “Habeas Corpus and the Detention of Enemy Combatants in the War on Terror.” (James P. Terry, pp. 14-18)
- “The International Criminal Court: A Concept Whose Time Has Not Come.” (James P. Terry, pp. 36-40)
- “JLASS: Celebrating 25 Years of Educating Future Leaders.” (Sean R. Connors; Theodore P. Ogren, pp. 7-10)
- “Juridical Warfare: The Neglected Legal Instrument.” (Harvey Rishikof, pp. 11-13)
- “Major Joint/Combined Operations.” (Milan N. Vego, pp. 111-120)
’s Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate: A State within a State?” (Mark J. Roberts, pp. 104-110) Pakistan
- “Rendition: The Beast and the
” (Kevin M. Cieply, pp. 19-21) Man.
- “The Role of Targeted Killing in the Campaign against Terror.” (Peter M. Cullen, pp. 22-29)
- “The Science and Art of Disaster Response by the National Guard.” (Charles G. Rodriguez, pp. 77-81)
- “Underlying Assumptions of the National Security Act of 1947.” (Charles A. Stevenson, pp. 129-133)
National Academies Press
Pew Internet & American Life Project
Public Interest Declassification Board
Strategic Studies Institute,
- COIN of the Realm:
Counterinsurgency Strategy. U.S.
- Community Policing and Violence Prevention in
: Measure Y in Action. Oakland
- The Interagency and Counterinsurgency Warfare: Aligning and Integrating Military and Civilian Roles in Stability, Security, Transition, and Reconstruction (SSTR) Operations.
US Institute of Peace
- Conflict-Sensitive Approach to Infrastructure Development.
- Framework for Success: Fragile States and Societies Emerging from Conflict.
- Keeping an Eye on an Unruly Neighbor. Chinese Views of Economic Reform and Stability in
- Media and Conflict:
as a Relative Success Story. Afghanistan
- Negotiating with the Islamic
. Republicof Iran